• You can also find the home of the

Aftermath Mod here

http://snej.org/forum/index.php?board=674.0
gfx gfx
gfx
June 20, 2019, 02:14:05 PM
gfx gfx
gfx* Home Help Search Login Registergfx

Author Topic: Questions about game features  (Read 1912 times)

Offline oxykTopic starter

• Little Pickpocket
Questions about game features
« on: November 22, 2014, 02:58:30 PM »
hello,
i'm new to this forum and SnEj Mod, please share your knowledge :)

1. My merc leveling is very slow. after clearing Blood Raven's graveyard for 3-4 times we've got about 25 levels difference. now i try to let her kill all the incoming enemies, we level together and that still can't reduce that gap in 25 levels. Is it supposed to be that way? Should I try to re-hire my merc or eventually she'll get her level close to mine?

2. I found 3 physical potion jars. Is there any use for it in cubing, recipes? If I'll consume it, what would be the effect?

3. The Countess Act 1. Is it worth to run her for runes? Does she have that nice drop (like in D2 LOD)? Sometimes Countess is missing, making it impossible to kill her (a bug or a feature?). Therefore i suspect she has new rules for her drop and appearance. I would appreciate, if someone can point me to Countess farming related info.

4. Is there a table of suffixes and affixes for magic rings and amulets? If i'm cubing say 2 rings and getting 1 ammy, does it have random properties or depends on my level? I'm looking for a way to cube MF rings and Skiller Ammy for my barb.

thank you in advance!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 06:57:00 PM by oxyk »

Offline }{eadhunter

• Global Moderator
  • Hephaisto
  • "The Headless"
Re: Questions about game features
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 05:53:03 PM »
Hi there,

welcome to snej!

1. As soon as you get to higher levels that problem will be gone. If you want to solve your problem now just hire another (new) merc
2. AFAIK no cubing possibilities - the amount of phys. dmg added is very small - only useful at the beginning of snej
3. AFAIK the countess should be there every time - sometimes she hides in one of the other rooms. The dropchances of countess are okay - in the past some people farmed there. In my oppinion there are way better possibilities to farm - i.e. quils in the UD
4. I dont have a concrete list. I think its random, but i dont know if your lvl plays any role to the result.

Gr33tZ

}{ead

• Little Pickpocket
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 09:28:15 PM »
thank you for the detailed explanation, it clears all my doubts :)
what is the UD you have mentioned as a farming possibility?

Offline Zerum

• Global Moderator
  • Nihlathak
  • http://zerum.owns.it/
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 09:49:23 PM »
Hi,
UD is the UberDungeon in the Underground Passage  :)
Regarding 4) it depends on the ilvl of the Rings. Since Diablo2 always rounds to the disadvantage of the player, the outcoming amulet should have the lower ilvl of the 2 rings used.
Regarding Affixes.. maybe Samus could help you out..?  :-X
D2Lunatics Realm-Admin
Ex-D2Maniacs Admin

Offline Seltsamuel

• Administrator
  • Duriel
    • Snej-Mod Homepage
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 10:03:26 PM »
Hi,

a little warning because you are new .. The UD of the specific difficulty should only be played if you are already at least Act 5  else you should really know what you are doing .. its verry deadly there. Its not called "To your Death" because the monsters cuddle you to death ^^.

Regarding your Merc..
I always did several Bloodruns with him on Norm/Nightmare and let him kill the mobs .. this will bring his level up fast.

Greetings

Seltsamuel

Offline }{eadhunter

• Global Moderator
  • Hephaisto
  • "The Headless"
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 06:56:45 AM »
Just to add one more thing concerning UD:

When you reach the final hall of UD (Unknown Lords Throne) you will find one of 4 "events" in this room (+ the unknown lord).
1. Nothing (yeah even this is an event xD )
2. Cows - many cows fill the room and your way to the unknown lord
3. Two Diablos - one at the entrance and one just before entering the final chamber
4. Quills - quills are large bears with a real speciality: RUNES... each quillbear will drop some runes up to sorb (just considering the rune-drop) and his normal drop. When you loot the corpses with "find item" (as a barb or via oskill) you even get 2 loads out of each corpse.

• Little Pickpocket
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 04:59:27 PM »
thank you for the info and warning. very helpful!
i guess i'll have to mature a bit before entering that hall :) got my first rip right near entrance :) if there will be such serious bosses, it is better to wait till i complete normal difficulty (i play on /players 8)

as for merc levels, i re-hired rogue girl when i hit 80th level. we went into tristram just to kill and loot things, i played just as usual - double swing barb using taunt to lure missile enemies, popping corpses for items while my merc kills enemies nearby (so basically she kills more than myself). in d2 lod 1.13 playing this way provided steady leveling for my merc. now we finished tristram hall and couple of areas in Act 2, fighting together and she's -15 lvl again for no apparent reason. i haven't killed any big boss (actually she killed most of the unique and champions we've met). also she has a helm with cheap runeword that grants 1% experience.

thank you for such a great mod, i enjoy it :)

Snejportal  |  Snej the game  |  General discussion (Moderators: SirSamusAran, }{eadhunter)  |  Topic: Questions about game features

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines  Snejtheme V2 by Seltsamuel/Faust (based on Helios Multi by Bloc)
gfx