• You can also find the home of the

Aftermath Mod here

https://snej.org/forum/index.php?board=674.0
gfx gfx
gfx
June 23, 2021, 07:20:34 PM
gfx gfx
gfx* Home Help Search Login Registergfx

Author Topic: AfterMath 2.0.2 Public Release  (Read 19466 times)

Offline MathematicsTopic starter

• Unknown Lord
AfterMath 2.0.2 Public Release
« on: September 13, 2015, 11:40:26 PM »
Version: AfterMath 2.0.2
Release Date: September 25, 2015.  Finally eh?!
Gateway: OFFLINE for now.  TCP not supported.  - Single Player Only.

LINK:  http://aftermath.d2se.org/Downloads/D2SE_AFTERMATH_20_FULL_INSTALL_SEPT132015.exe
MINI Patch Link: http://aftermath.d2se.org/downloads/D2SE_AFTERMATH_202_MINIPATCH_SEPT252015.exe

======================================
Mod Quirkies for New Players... and Vets

• AM makes use of some 325 states - a full 75 more than what vanilla D2 supported.  This feat was made possible by a PK plugin that is still in development.  One consequence concerns the belt.  Rows 2, 3 and 4 are functional but invisible.
  • A number of features in this mod are controlled by a combination of hidden passive and aura.  Always use your updater charm until PK releases a plugin that forces passives to update like aurae.
  • If you click on a Wyapoint and crash, make sure Glide is either up to date or turned off.  I personally play and test in DDraw Mode.
  • Characters created on any version prior to 2.0 will be non functional.

======================================
Here is a more comprehensive list of the changes from AfterMath 1.7.5.x to AfterMath 2.0.

• Every character has a class specific merchant.  Many of these merchants have been added to a new map with new music, monsters, etc.  These merchants sell all their respective class specific items and skill tomes.
  • All caster masteries have been heavily nerfed.
  • A great deal of ingame documentation has been added.
  • The necromancer chalice can now be completed in Act 1 Norm.
  • Warriv and Meshif have been moved to portal protected maps that are accessible only after defeating Andy and Duriel respectively. 
  • All character tabs have been edited.
  • The character screen now shows a number of useful stats.
  • Every character starts at clvl 5 with 10 000 exp.  Every character also starts with a bonus stat.  IE Necros begin with a faster mana regen than other
  • Experience progression for the first few days of AfterMath 2.0 was a geometric sequence with an initial experience gain of 50k and a sum of exp equal to four billion at lvl 100.  Monsters produced ~0 exp.  All experience gains were made by purchasing tomes on a 1:1 between gold for experience.  Now monster kills will produce the usual experience gains like AM1.7.5.4.  Experience progression is still a geometric sequence but the required initial experience to gain a lvl is 10k, not 50k.  The sum of required experience for lvl 100 is still four billion.
  • For clvls 1 through 60, monster kills will provide 100% of the coded experience.  Once you reach lvl 61, there is a small experience penalty per lvl dropping to 50% at lvl 80 and just above 0% at lvl 99.  The experience lose is linear.   Basically as you progress beyond lvl 61, players will need to make use of the tomes of experience sold by Sister Martha in Act 1 Town.
  • Death is a 20% penalty through out all parts of the game.
  • Amazons now also start with a unique spear.
  • Many skills that have a state and graphic now have a unique graphic
  • All shrines have been edited and several have their own state/graphic, and text.
  • New music has been added to some of the existing maps.
  • Treasureclasses has been edited.  The majority of drops will be rare.  There was a small buff to drop rates for unique and set items.
  • Several skills were tweaked.  Several string errors were fixed.
  • Character inventory as been significantly increased and revamped.
  • Several dll edits were made including the boss portals, and enabling the fourth tab in the merchant window.
  • All merchants have been edited in what they can sell.
  • All potions have there own state and are stackable.  Stamina potions no longer give stamina but ias, fcr, and frw rates.
  • Ethereal hammers have been added.  They allow the repair of ethereal items.
  • The Hex Socket has been added.  This will give an item 6 sockets provided the item supports it.
  • Caster Shields come with efficiency but cannot be socketed.
  • Weapon efficiency has been edited so that dual wield builds cannot hit 200% efficiency.
  • All unique item plans have been added with a useful description of the ingredients.
  • All armors have been split into 3 chains: caster, support, and melee.  Automagics have been added in conjunction with these chains.
  • Adamantium lines of gear have been added.  Recipes are provided too.
  • Several gear types are now class specific.
  • Class specifics can no longer be gambled and are not purchaseable from non class specific merchants.
  • Encumbrance has been added as a gear check.  Mercenaries also have encumbrance.  This was achieved via a dll edit.  Therefore, classes traditionally associated as caster will never gain access to the endgame melee gear.
  • Class quests for the Necromancer and Barbarian were added.  See their respective merchants for details.

============================
AM Version 2.0.1 Patch Notes

First patch forthcoming.  I'm aiming for tonight but probably Saturday night.

• Buff Set Drop Rates for set droppers
    • Done
  • Buff unique drop rate throughout the entire game
    • Done
  • Check out Act 5 vendors - especially QK
    • There is nothing wrong with Qual-Kehk.  He does exactly what he is suppose to.
  • Check Baal portal
    • The dreamland plugin that allows me to have more than 254 states is interfering with map.  I have posted copies of error logs.  When you defeat Kasedya, she will spawn a portal directly to the worldstone room.  While not ideal, this is the only way I can get you to Baal.  When PK fixes the issue, I will restore the throne room.  If you have access to the Dreamland Beta Testing Forum, you can see my post here: http://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=185&t=62499&p=483908#p483908
  • Undo my edits on Duriel and restore his life
    • Duriel's life has been buffed from 10 hp to his usual boss worthy amount.
  • Check out Twilight and post the code for Skyler
  • Nerf the Death Clans in Act 1
    • I nerfed their damage by 50% for all goatmen in all acts
  • Nerf the firestorm on the Hell Forge dragon
    • Done, though I am leery of nerfing this skill because it was added to make melees back off and not face tank him.  Let me know please how this went.
  • Fix the SAP for Fend
    • Done.  CS will display the proper SAP now.  The hidden passive on the skill tab will also display the correct SAP.  Skill now gains 8 SAP per hard point.
  • Fix type on Act 2 portal pieces
    • The two typos on Duriel's Jaw and the Summoner's Heart have been fixed.
  • Set belts have issues
    • I fixed all low level set belts.  Please note that the documentation for set belts will now be wrong.
  • Lower requirements for gear (lvl only)
    • This change is not going to be done at this time.  The ripple effect is wide and annoying.
  • Apply a vertical translation for monstats and monlvl.  (Lower mlvls by ~10, give the new mlvls the existing monlvl parameters, not the parameters ~10 lvls lower
    • Rather than edit several files, I nerfed experience in Act 1 by 25%.  Experience will grow from 75% to 100% by early Act 2.
  • Investigate why cubemain didn't award AC% on an armor craft.
    • I had a bloody counter that I was using so I could code a formula in excel.  I forgot to remove the counter.  It was located in the mod probability column in cubemain... sorry.  You can craft as documented.
  • Make adamantium ore easier to find and purchaseable.
    • You can now purchase the ore, though not cheap.  You can also find the ore in a spot that makes sense if you understand adamantium lore.
  • Fix the prices on weapons.  Norm, exceptional, and elite are all the same.
    • I have no idea what you are talking about here Max.  Gold prices for items are based on their ilvl so a lvl 1 item is far less valuable than a ilvl 60 item.

==================================
AfterMath 2.0.2

Fixing up a few things.
  • Bone Prison's skill description is too long causing the game to crash.  String length shortened.  Crash fixed. - Done
  • Upgrade enabled properly in cubemain.txt.- Done
  • Exp from Devourer of Souls has been fixed along with other Spine Castle monsters - Done
  • The Abandon Wine Cellar's off set has been fixed.  The map loads now. - Done
  • Check the Shrine of Divinity's Potion drops.  It is fluctuating.  I think I fixed this.  I will need confirmation.  No time to test. - Done????
  • Make sure Frostmoure tomes are working.  Apparently they cant be translated so that would be a cubemain issue. - Recipe was disabled in Cubemain.  Fixed. - Done
  • DK life has been buffed early on and nerfed later on.  AC% lost, HP gained.  Defensive Skill orb updated.  Skill description updated.  Lvl 1 life is 453ish. - Done
  • Skeleton warrior can now be cast at a distance.  - Done
  • Golems are the only necro skills on a timer now.  - Done
  • Act 5 Mercs can be hired again.  D2NPCs had an issue.  This NPC has been fixed.  Please note that I suspect you will be able to purchase an Act 5 merc immediately upon entering the act.  I cant change this until Dav92 fixes D2NPCFunc.dll.  - Done
  • Runewords have been fixed.  Existing items with a proper runeword will now correctly give the full runeword bonuses.  You dont need to recreate the word.  - Done
  • Xanna's menu options have been corrected.  - Done
  • Lady Lazarus no longer heals.   - Done

If I am missing anything or the above list is incorrect, please post here.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 02:22:53 AM by Mathematics »
The superior man may indeed endure want, but the inferior man, when he experiences want, will give into unbridled excess. - The Ethics of Confucius

Offline Eruditio

• Shenk
Re: AfterMath 2.0 Public Release
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 08:31:43 AM »
Weee!

• Every character has a class specific merchant.  Many of these merchants have been added to a new map with new music, monsters, etc.  These merchants sell all their respective class specific items and skill tomes.  This may put too much emphasis on late game gold.  Will see. 
  • All caster masteries have been heavily nerfed.  Casters seem quite strong early game.  Maybe this is to tone them down later?
  • Every character starts at clvl 5 with 10 000 exp.  Every character also starts with a bonus stat.  IE Necros begin with a faster mana regen than other  Where can we see the bonus stats?  Very curious to see what they are
  • Experience progression for the first few days of AfterMath 2.0 was a geometric sequence with an initial experience gain of 50k and a sum of exp equal to four billion at lvl 100.  Monsters produced ~0 exp.  All experience gains were made by purchasing tomes on a 1:1 between gold for experience.  Now monster kills will produce the usual experience gains like AM1.7.5.4.  Experience progression is still a geometric sequence but the required initial experience to gain a lvl is 10k, not 50k.  The sum of required experience for lvl 100 is still four billion.  So here's a bit more background.  I played through to act 3 with the gold->xp system and it was pretty rough.  Finding and selling jewerly for 8k or 16k completely dominated the 'legit' way to get gold buying selling regular items that dropped.  If you really wanted to level by finding regular items, your best bet was running stoney field over and over because the gold/prices didn't get much better as you advanced.  Even once I was in a2 I found myself going back to a1 and hunting for jewerly.  There was no point in fighting in a2.  I'm curious to see how the hybrid approach works but feel like we will have problems with late game gold. (Depending on how much xp monsters give of course).
  • For clvls 1 through 60, monster kills will provide 100% of the coded experience.  Once you reach lvl 61, there is a small experience penalty per lvl dropping to 50% at lvl 80 and just above 0% at lvl 99.  The experience lose is linear.   Basically as you progress beyond lvl 61, players will need to make use of the tomes of experience sold by Sister Martha in Act 1 Town.  This is scary.
  • Amazons now also start with a unique spear.  Yay!
  • All shrines have been edited and several have their own state/graphic, and text.  Some of these texts are quite fun :)
  • Treasureclasses has been edited.  The majority of drops will be rare.  There was a small buff to drop rates for unique and set items.  I still think we can lose a few *base* items while adding a few tiers within a base item's progression.  I'd rather have well balanced, fewer choices than imbalanced lots of choices.  Also 1hd swords/flails/axes are over-represented now.  Basically paladins are the only one to use those anyways and they have scepters as an option as well.  Reducing these will help create more *useful* drops.
  • Stamina potions no longer give stamina but ias, fcr, and frw rates.  Hmm.  Pretty usefl mods just to put on a potion spam mechanic :(  Not sure this is a good step.
  • Ethereal hammers have been added.  They allow the repair of ethereal items.  Sketchy.  This gets a lot closer to making 1000's of other items worthless.
  • Caster Shields come with efficiency but cannot be socketed.  I'm a huge fan of the socket change.  The extra res on sockets were treated equally across all shields making them quite strong in all cases.  Now some casters could consider 2 handers.  I'm not sure if the caster shields need efficiency.  Isn't that what 2 handers are for?
  • All unique item plans have been added with a useful description of the ingredients.  I found a few of these but may be months before I find a legendary ore...
  • All armors have been split into 3 chains: caster, support, and melee.  Automagics have been added in conjunction with these chains.  Similar to the swords comment, I think we can deal with fewer base armors and more steps within a base's progression.  Do we really need 6 different types of armors just for casters?  I think condensing to 4 with another level in between 'normal' and 'exceptional' makes more sense.  Much easier to create automagics this way.
  • Several gear types are now class specific.  I think this works well.  Will see in practice. 
  • Encumbrance has been added as a gear check.  Mercenaries also have encumbrance.  This was achieved via a dll edit.  Therefore, classes traditionally associated as caster will never gain access to the endgame melee gear.  Were you able to decrease the level req of most items so that encumberance becomes the main hurdle?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 10:02:02 AM by Eruditio »

Offline Ryumaou

• Boneash
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 08:35:16 AM »
Hi Eruditio, let's go :D

Edit: Your spear is now in the game :D

Installation:
-Install D2SE Mod Manager
-Unzip Aftermath 2.0 into: Diablo 2 Folder -> Mods

Starting the game:
-Go to your Diablo 2 Folder
-Launch D2SE
-Scroll down and select Aftermath
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 10:25:18 AM by Ryumaou »

Offline Eruditio

• Shenk
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 08:56:52 AM »
Long week of work coming up.  Not sure about playtime compared to weekend.  Plus all this goes out the window once wife and kid come back home :)

Offline Ryumaou

• Boneash
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 09:01:59 AM »
Ok, sorry for you but:
This quality won't run away even if experienced in the future.
I hope we will like it!

Installation:

Starting the game:
-Launch D2SE
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 10:25:51 AM by Ryumaou »

Offline Eruditio

• Shenk
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 09:16:26 AM »
Your signature should make it clear that the Mods folder contains their own folder within--one for each mod.  The Aftermath directory should be in the Mod directory.

Offline Dmitriy Of

• Coldworm
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2015, 09:21:55 AM »
Yeah, it's happen!  ;D Thank you, Mathematics, for all your work and patience/time you put in this mod!

Started scroll contain link to old forum.
Do you enabled rares in gambling? What about sets/uniques?
Still looking for replenishing arrows/bolts in future patches.  ::)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 02:03:42 PM by Dmitriy Of »

Offline Ryumaou

• Boneash
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2015, 10:27:27 AM »
@Eruditio:

Please explain again what you wrote to me.
Unzipping automatically creates a new folder for Aftermath.

Installation:

Starting the game:
-Launch D2SE
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 01:11:53 PM by Ryumaou »

Offline Eruditio

• Shenk
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2015, 12:04:19 PM »
Ah.  I generally don't trust automatic extraction.  I usally extract to a temp folder, check out the structure and then copy/paste where it is supposed to go.  Therefore i pay attention to the correct structure. 

Auto extracting into Mods sounds like it works. 

Good point about the scrolling down.

@Selt, is it possible to change the order of the mods/cores so that mods appear before the cores instead of after?  I imagine anyone bothering to use D2SE wants mods near the top of the list. 

Offline Ryumaou

• Boneash
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2015, 12:45:07 PM »
Ah ok I was unsure if I got what you meant.

I am just uploading an introduction for beginners like myself including an easy starting ''trick/exploit'' giving you lots of gold in the beginning.
I feel you are free to decide wether to use it or not.

Before this I recorded and played a character for 2 hours the ''regular'' way with commentary and just hit the wall at Blood Raven because I was still using my Starting weapon which was way too weak for dealing with the blood raven :D

I will post the link to my youtube channel when it is ready -> I will stick to using the exploit for now and only upload that.

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE PLAYLIST:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t-UQY32AV8&list=PLU34ehsBGmTAHWCoqeG_MIwFB-KGKCG_W

Installation:

Starting the game:
-Launch D2SE
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 01:12:40 PM by Ryumaou »

Offline Eruditio

• Shenk
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2015, 01:12:08 PM »
I think Trevor was going to remove one of the bigger gold exploits.  Will have to see if it is still there when I install later. 

Looks like  that one is still there.  Good ol gambilng bug. 
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 01:24:51 PM by Eruditio »

Offline Ryumaou

• Boneash
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2015, 02:21:26 PM »
Ok, I didn't think much about before making those videos.

I will delete them if you want me to.

I at least made a ''conclusion'' to the bug in which I let the viewer know about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3lGESMrQv4&feature=youtu.be

EDIT:

I now wrote the hint to the Gambling Bug in all my video titles and descriptions
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 02:43:39 PM by Ryumaou »

• Unknown Lord
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2015, 07:25:50 PM »
I think Trevor was going to remove one of the bigger gold exploits.  Will have to see if it is still there when I install later. 

Looks like  that one is still there.  Good ol gambilng bug.

I removed one of the two objects in question as a starting point.  I'll wait for your feedback.
The superior man may indeed endure want, but the inferior man, when he experiences want, will give into unbridled excess. - The Ethics of Confucius

Offline Eruditio

• Shenk
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2015, 09:49:28 PM »
So, busy night playing.

I restarted my trapsin but bought her up to level 20 with previous character.  I basically did A1 straight after that and got to Andy at 26.  I then did all of a2 and finished at 35.  I have about 1.2M in the bank.

We need to slow down leveling some.  There are lots of ways of doing this.   Monsters give less xp.  More xp required to level.  Less gold/items dropping.

I think if we have to change xp around, we really should consider balancing players and monsters so that players are consistently ~8 levels above the monster. 

Playing tonight confirmed more to me that this system has potential.  I was so high level that it was very obvious to me when I was fighting 'new' guys.  My exp would jump rather quickly for a level and then drop back off afterwards.  I was hitting that 8-9 level gap where xp goes from 5% to 24%.  We just need that same scenario except shifted down ~5 levels from what it is now.  This would put us at 20 for the end of A1 and 30 for the end of A2.

• Unknown Lord
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2015, 09:55:57 PM »
Ok.  When I re-edited the experience tables for Act 1, I awarded full exp (ie 100%) for all monster kills up to lvl 60.  FYI, I originally offered only 75% exp growth before I added Sister Martha.

Summary
AM 1.7.5.4
Gold->Exp did not exist
Monsters gave 75% exp
Experience to lvl up from 5 to 6 was 2600 exp

AM 2.0 (old)
Gold->Exp only on a 1:1 ratio
Level was 50k for the lvl 5-> lvl 6.
Monsters gave 0% exp

AM 2.0 (current)
Level was 15k for the lvl 5-> lvl 6.
Monsters gave 0% exp

That's where we're at.  Those are the boundaries that I've pushed/tested.  If it's too fast, I dont want to change the 15k.  Game doesnt like that but the % I can change without issue.

Offline Eruditio

• Shenk
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2015, 10:01:14 PM »
Ok.  When I re-edited the experience tables for Act 1, I awarded full exp (ie 100%) for all monster kills up to lvl 60.  FYI, I originally offered only 75% exp growth before I added Sister Martha.

Summary
AM 1.7.5.4
Gold->Exp did not exist
Monsters gave 75% exp
Experience to lvl up from 5 to 6 was 2600 exp

AM 2.0 (old)
Level was 50k for the lvl 5-> lvl 6.
Monsters gave 0% exp

AM 2.0 (current)
Level was 15k for the lvl 5-> lvl 6.
Monsters gave 100% exp  You mean 100? Yes I mean 100%

That's where we're at.  Those are the boundaries that I've pushed/tested.  If it's too fast, I dont want to change the 15k.  Game doesnt like that but the % I can change without issue.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 02:10:22 AM by Mathematics »

Offline Eruditio

• Shenk
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2015, 10:07:08 PM »
Is it a ridiculous amount of work to change monster levels?  The plan is to keep their hp/damage/skills the same as 1.7 so it still feels like you're fighting a level 20 monster as a level 20 character (end of a1 for example).  However, the monster is actually level 12 so you only get a small fraction of the base xp for killing it. 

• Unknown Lord
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2015, 02:16:21 AM »
What lvl is your char?  If you are at the end of act 1, monsters should be around 18-20.  A champ might be lvl 22 in Andariel's map.  The answer to your question is - it depends.  If you're advancing too fast then I'll lower the exp monsters give you to 75% rather than 100%.  Make gold->exp a 1:2 ratio instead of 1:1.  At least at early lvls, the melee side is about right in terms of difficulty.  I guess I need more information from you.

Offline Eruditio

• Shenk
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2015, 06:27:18 AM »

I'm 36 in a3. 

A global penalty from 100 to 50 (for example, I'm not suggesting that mechanic) doesn't change the 'grinding' mentality at all.  As long as players are within +- 5 levels of the monster it is going to be optimal to keep re-running that area because it gives 100% exp at likely a fast killing speed.  That window is too big (10 levels) and promotes re-running an area multiple times (no matter what the global exp penalty is).

We need to focus on the LOCAL exp penalty which is based on level difference and have players consistently fighting monsters 8-10 levels below them.  This encourages to fight in new areas with monsters that are only 7 levels below them.  Players will have a nice xp boost when fighting monsters 7 below them because of the local exp penalty system.  However, that only lasts for 1-2 levels before those same monsters are giving 5% exp.  Then the player moves on to a new area.

Offline Eruditio

• Shenk
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2015, 07:40:27 AM »
Let's say I wanted to cut monster experience (which likely needs to be done). I would like about half the monsters to give 5% of their current value and about a third of monsters to give 24% of their current xp and about one fifth of monsters to give 43% of their current xp.

We do this by a multiple search and replace queries to the monster level column. (We don't touch TC, skill levels, hp, or base exp yet).

Find all level 2 monsters and set to 1.
Find all level 3 monsters and set to 1.
Find all level 11 monsters and set to 1.
Find all level 12 monsters and set to 2.
Find all level 20 monsters and set to 10.
Find all level 35 monsters and set to 25.
Find all level 50 monsters and set to 40.
You get the idea :)

This means monsters at end of a1 will now be levels 10 to 12 but still fight like heir current versions. They will give large amounts of exp to level 18ish characters but small amounts to level 22s. This should prep them for Andy.

Edit: if we go this route gold would likely have to be cut as well because then it would dominate the now lower monster xp
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 09:24:34 AM by Eruditio »

Snejportal  |  D2SE  |  D2SE Mods  |  Aftermath  |  General Discussion (Moderator: Mathematics)  |  Topic: AfterMath 2.0.2 Public Release

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines  Snejtheme V2 by Seltsamuel/Faust (based on Helios Multi by Bloc)
gfx