• You can also find the home of the

Aftermath Mod here

https://snej.org/forum/index.php?board=674.0
gfx gfx
gfx
June 05, 2020, 01:03:59 AM
gfx gfx
gfx* Home Help Search Login Registergfx

Author Topic: The Temple Of The Winds (Sidequest)  (Read 2275 times)

Offline PureRageTopic starter

• Frozenstein
  • If it's wet, drink it
The Temple Of The Winds (Sidequest)
« on: September 26, 2011, 12:02:03 AM »
This will be one of the new side quests in act 3. Putting it down on paper (in a sense) now and starting to implement it later.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Temple of the Winds was used in ancient times as a treasure trove of mystical knowledge. Over the centuarys, more and more dangerous texts and magics were collected there and many attempts were made to break in to the temple to obtain the vast knowledge contained within.

During the great war, the temple was cast from the mortal realm, beyond the veil that seperates humanity from the netherworld to protect its contents from dark hands. The instructions to find the temple were destroyed as soon as the temple was banished, though the journals of the wizards of that age may contain clues as to how to access the temple.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To gain access to the temple, you must find the journals of the 5 high wizards of that time, and translate them. Each journal holds a clue as to whare the next journal is hidden. Once you have all 5 translated, combine them in the cube to make a master tome with 2 open slots and instructions on how to access the temple.

You must pass through the veil to get to the temple entrance, as you do, you are plunged into darkness and death with hordes of undead and demonic beings. These demons can't be killed outright, but rather subdued. When you defeat one, another will spawn within 10 seconds. Once through the veil, you will be confronted by a screeling (A higher guardian evil from the Netherworld) guarding the entrance to the Temple.

When you enter the temple, you must fight the spirits of "High Wizard Barracus" and "Magda Serus, The First Confessor".
The only way to damage them is to keep them close together. If they get too far apart, they will become immune to all damage. when one dies, the other becomes immune to all damage and can no longer be killed.

Each one spawns a portal to a different Library. Magda Serus will create a portal to the "Library of Warding" and Wizard Barracus will create a portal to the "War Wizard's Library". The Warding Library contains spells used for the preservation of life, the War Wizard's Library contains spells used to destroy evil. Each library contains 4 bookshelves, each one with a random scroll (selected from 10 for each library in each difficulty). these can be added to the slots in the tome to grant a non class O-Skill.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes:
The first journal is a unique item that enforces the carry 1 (dropped in normal)
the other 4 are misc items for the cube recipe and for instructions
In NM and Hell, all 5 journals are dropped from diff bosses and are all misc items. Combining the 5 journals with the unique one from normal will add 1 additional slot to the journal for each difficulty.
you can use 2 oskills from normal, 1 from NM and 1 more from hell.

you can carry as many spare scrolls as you like to insert in the tome,
Possibility of adding a penalty to characters over the level limit for each difficulty.
Ie. for every 4 levels above xx in normal you are, you suffer a penalty to damage, defence, resists and hp%

Subject to change, but thats the basic idea. Starting on it tomorrow
In the begining, the Universe was created. This has made alot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as "A bad move".
-Douglas Adams

My dropbox referral: http://db.tt/Rnkh6LC
(Give me extra spacezz!!)

• Frozenstein
  • If it's wet, drink it
Re: The Temple Of The Winds (Sidequest)
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 07:05:39 PM »
Map base for The Veil is done, needs some new objects and stuff but the basic structure is complete:

Don't look like much but that is a big map and it is built like a maze with teleport pads etc to further disorientate you. The minimap will likely be left out of this level too.
In the begining, the Universe was created. This has made alot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as "A bad move".
-Douglas Adams

• Frozenstein
  • If it's wet, drink it
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 11:59:15 PM »
Clip: The Veil

Monsters made and the veil area is populated. Each monster when killed will spawn a patch of flames, after 10 seconds a new enemy will spawn from the flames. All monsters have constantly changing random resists and immunity's. Each enemy is slightly more resistant to a certain damage type so the imunity will be more common to that 1 element. Enemys is this area will have a chance of dropping potions that permanently add 1 to str/dex/vit/energy (max of 300 per char) in NM and a higher chance in hell.

The place is vast, has no minimap and is designed like a maze. There are lots of connecting teleport pads to jump over path's etc. The monsters have high hp and hit hard if you get swarmed. High defence, resists, block and a teleport knife will be a must. In the middle is a portal to the temple entrance.
I'll add 3 or 4 optional boss enemys to the map with a unique item drop.
-Douglas Adams

Offline feldollar

• Boneash
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 01:26:12 AM »
I like this so far :) Gj

• Frozenstein
  • If it's wet, drink it
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 04:00:08 AM »
final 4 maps are done and added. The Veil > The Temple Entrance > The Temple Of The Winds > The Temple Library 1 or 2.

I'll make the bosses, bookshelves, scrolls and tomes tomorrow.
-Douglas Adams

• Frozenstein
  • If it's wet, drink it
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 02:39:23 AM »
Bosses for this are done and all maps are linked. On to rewards now.

Temple Guardian and Minions

Barracus and Magda Serus bosses with Minions

-Douglas Adams

Offline Ares

• Netherworld
  • Coldworm
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 03:09:40 AM »
i was about to try them on hc but after these pics/vid may i just ignore it for now :D

Snejportal  |  D2SE  |  D2SE Mods  |  Netherworld Rises  |  Development  |  Maps (Moderators: PureRage, Relay)  |  Topic: The Temple Of The Winds (Sidequest)

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines  Snejtheme V2 by Seltsamuel/Faust (based on Helios Multi by Bloc)
gfx