gfx
Snejportal  |  D2SE  |  D2SE Mods  |  Netherworld Rises  |  Strategy and Tactics (Moderators: PureRage, Relay)  |  Topic: Build Question
gfx
gfx gfx
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
gfx gfx
gfx gfx

• Welcome at our new home!!!

This is the Snej Portal, home of several D2 Modifications and D2SE
  • On our Realmserver you can find this hosted Mods:

Snej
    Reign of Shadows (RoS)
    Eastern Sun (ES)
  • You can also find the home of the

Aftermath Mod here

https://snej.org/forum/index.php?board=674.0
gfx gfx
gfx
April 01, 2020, 01:00:55 PM
gfx gfx
gfx* Home Help Search Login Registergfx

Author Topic: Build Question  (Read 3538 times)

Offline BosanacTopic starter

• Hephaisto
Build Question
« on: November 22, 2011, 05:44:01 PM »
Can anyone give me a good elemental sorc build - elemental meaning non queen tranformations?  Like Vortex or someting like that...

Thanks!
"I can have everything that I want if I just help enough other people get what they want".... Zig Ziglar

Offline FPeace

• Bloodraven
Re: Build Question
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 05:55:09 PM »
Try the fusion sorc now that its fixed, both fusion skills are good

• Hephaisto
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 06:02:43 PM »
Try the fusion sorc now that its fixed, both fusion skills are good

Isn't one of them cost like 50 mana a pop?
"I can have everything that I want if I just help enough other people get what they want".... Zig Ziglar

Offline proph21

• Countess
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 06:09:56 PM »
Isn't one of them cost like 50 mana a pop?

it does, but the mana cost increase as you level it up is small.  I think only like 3 more mana per level.  It is also a very godly skill.  I am currently going to build a super fusion sorceress.  The problem with it is the range.  OFC since your a sorc, you are more squishy.  I am going to try and make up for this through pointing the sorc defense passive, maxing lightning shield, getting max block, and possibly pointing some crystal wall to act as a tank and take pressure off me.  I feel this will be an interesting build to try

Offline PureRage

• Frozenstein
  • If it's wet, drink it
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 06:11:29 PM »
Could try my old skill set:

Max pyroblast  -  Main Priority
Max Mystic Mirror  - Second Priority
Max Arctic Vortex - Only when you have points spare
1 Crystal Wall       - asap
1 Crystal Mastery  - asap
1 Air Compression  - asap
1 Ele Mastery      - ASAP!!!
1 Ele Pierce         - ASAP!!!
1 Ele Armor        - ASAP!!! (vital in early game to take the edge of the masses of counters you will cause on trash)

I'd probs drop Arctic Vortex and go for hydras or super fusion if i rebuilt her now.
It's easy to go tripple element as long as you go for 1 low tier skill and 2 high tier skills all with a diff ele type. You could probs get away with max super fusion, max mystic mirror, max, pyroblast and max vortex by end game

Gameplay wise:
clear the early stuff with pyro until it's got 3 points in it. Then run the first set of tunnels till level 10-12. You'll have all your skills at least 1 pointed by then and have a decent skill pool to choose from.
Cast cast walls when a mob aproaches and you will agro lots of stuff from behind then all into a big group. run up just behind the cover of the wall and use air compression then destroy them with pyroblast.You can skip using air compression ofc if you don't need it.

For bosses that chase you, put a wall in front of em right away so you can get somedistance between you, and use air comp asap.
cast your next wall, a few yards back from the current one so it's outa any AoE range. Then spam pyro between the walls. You get em with the splash each time, then when the first wall drops, they walk onto an already stacked patch of fire.
That'll give you an idea of how long the walls last so you can keep spamming pyro on the boss directly for a while before moving your aim back between the walls just before the current wall holding it drops.

Use 2 sorc set rings with +1 sorc on em instead of an essence. Focus on fire damage/pierce as your main stat. The other elements are more for immunes etc.
In the begining, the Universe was created. This has made alot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as "A bad move".
-Douglas Adams

My dropbox referral: http://db.tt/Rnkh6LC
(Give me extra spacezz!!)

Offline bolli

• Netherworld
  • The Summoner
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 06:27:35 PM »
i think ben wont like superfusion as its casting delay is very high and ben likes to play fast builds.
i started a superfusion sorc with air compression + wall. its a very very slow build.
i wanted to use wall and superfusion in intervall change and its working but very very slow cause both skills got a huge casting delay. didnt try the hydras after the fix maybe they would work better for him.

didnt play this yet but if i would make a sorc i would make it like this
1point wall+mastery
1point aircompression
1-10 Sister of the dark
max flare or vortex
max mirror
some points into shockburst as a bosskiller if u went with flare (if u chose vortex u could use both shockburst or Pyroblast)
some points into mastery + pierce bringing them constantly up if sorc brings it to the higher lvls

i played a discharge sorc for 2 seasons and i liked it but the problem is that mirror allready does good dmg to trash.
later u might get problems with immunitys if the main skill is also a light skill so when u go vortex or flare sorc u have a more allround working build.
in addition discharge needs u to stand a little longer at a fix point to use its full power while flare and vortex can be cast much better during walking
what will fit much better to ur gameplay.

i wouldnt put a point into ele armor as purerage did its absob is just a joke for my feels the ele trash damage is just so high that u will directly have to recast it after u put it on makes no sense to me cause u loose important time to cast other safety spells like the wall or compression

Offline PureRage

• Frozenstein
  • If it's wet, drink it
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 06:33:44 PM »
sounds like i may have to replace ele armor with energy shield
In the begining, the Universe was created. This has made alot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as "A bad move".
-Douglas Adams

Offline bolli

• Netherworld
  • The Summoner
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 06:34:34 PM »
u got my vote

druid also need s another idea for cyclone shield i gues its working the same way

• Hephaisto
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 06:43:19 PM »
i think ben wont like superfusion as its casting delay is very high and ben likes to play fast builds.
i started a superfusion sorc with air compression + wall. its a very very slow build.
i wanted to use wall and superfusion in intervall change and its working but very very slow cause both skills got a huge casting delay. didnt try the hydras after the fix maybe they would work better for him.

didnt play this yet but if i would make a sorc i would make it like this
1point wall+mastery
1point aircompression
1-10 Sister of the dark
max flare or vortex
max mirror
some points into shockburst as a bosskiller if u went with flare (if u chose vortex u could use both shockburst or Pyroblast)
some points into mastery + pierce bringing them constantly up if sorc brings it to the higher lvls

i played a discharge sorc for 2 seasons and i liked it but the problem is that mirror allready does good dmg to trash.
later u might get problems with immunitys if the main skill is also a light skill so when u go vortex or flare sorc u have a more allround working build.
in addition discharge needs u to stand a little longer at a fix point to use its full power while flare and vortex can be cast much better during walking
what will fit much better to ur gameplay.

i wouldnt put a point into ele armor as purerage did its absob is just a joke for my feels the ele trash damage is just so high that u will directly have to recast it after u put it on makes no sense to me cause u loose important time to cast other safety spells like the wall or compression

Great idea Kev - now I must try this build... Since you added essence for summoner.. i am seriosuly thinking about making one now...Did you lower the damage on summons a lot where it's not worth it anymore or you think they are good now Kev?

u got my vote

druid also need s another idea for cyclone shield i gues its working the same way

yea sadly i have never used that armor on Druid - worthless.

Offline PureRage

• Frozenstein
  • If it's wet, drink it
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 06:45:55 PM »
I can change it to a duration based buff that provides elemental absorbs for the druid

Summons problem isn't damage it's survivability. minion life% blessings and the summoning essence. Some minion life tempered items will help too.
-Douglas Adams

• Hephaisto
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 10:21:10 PM »
I can change it to a duration based buff that provides elemental absorbs for the druid

Summons problem isn't damage it's survivability. minion life% blessings and the summoning essence. Some minion life tempered items will help too.

If you had to be honest... would you say that a summoner can solo HC through A5 or no?

Offline PureRage

• Frozenstein
  • If it's wet, drink it
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 10:55:16 PM »
idk, honestly, they just got a lot of extra minion hp available so possibly with a decent level raise bones too.
-Douglas Adams

• Hephaisto
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 11:42:45 PM »
idk, honestly, they just got a lot of extra minion hp available so possibly with a decent level raise bones too.

How do you feel about the Nec though... After I died about 5 times early this season i just stopped playing because everything pretty much 1 hit KO'd me... any thoughts?

Offline PureRage

• Frozenstein
  • If it's wet, drink it
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2011, 12:03:53 AM »
pump weaken ;)
-Douglas Adams

Offline Ferisam

• The Summoner
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2011, 09:16:27 PM »
Hi,
here is my hydra sorc, which works quite well now aftrer the fix. Lev 48 Alina, mid 4th act.
All with items, no BO.
30 (20) Mystic Mirror: max, going for max block
21 (11) Fusion Hydra: max atm
19 (9) Elemental Mastery: skilling atm
10 (1) Pierce the Elements: skilling later
10 (1) Elemental Armor. dunno
6 (1) Sister of the Dark: not
6 (1) Air Compression: maybe
6 (1) Crystal Wall: maybe later 50%
6 (1) Mastery of Crystal Wall: maybe later 50%

Str 61
Dex 90
Vita 86
Energy 196 (opt)

Life 1099
Mana 998
Def 3234 (with merc)
Block 70% atm
Resi 50% all (88/84/61/68)

Works fine alone with mobs, loads of repositioning though. Death along the way: yeah sure.... Tough with bosses, but survived mephisto, which the tank barb didn´t.
Easy level up on players10 with mystic mirror until level 20, just about 45 minutes. after that slow playing under players10 until end of act 2. needs to take players down to minimum for bosses though and needs help with andariel and duriel, well i did, maybe you ll be better then me ;).

best Feri
There he moved, a terror beyond nightmares, clad in armor ancient to a world long gone. Shaped by the first thoughts, brutal and ferocious, sharp edged and spiked. Wrong-angled and slippery smooth at the same time. The helmet not even a recognition of a visage, tall and pierced by many thorns, and to the most grotesque, the lack of any sensory organs - no ears, no eyes. A horrible, mechanized mask of a creature, which not even needs a mouth to feed. And all clouded by movement as if the very skin was alive.   -   Sinai Algrachna, Battle of Nal Algachim

• Hephaisto
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 10:00:00 PM »
Hi,
here is my hydra sorc, which works quite well now aftrer the fix. Lev 48 Alina, mid 4th act.
All with items, no BO.
30 (20) Mystic Mirror: max, going for max block
21 (11) Fusion Hydra: max atm
19 (9) Elemental Mastery: skilling atm
10 (1) Pierce the Elements: skilling later
10 (1) Elemental Armor. dunno
6 (1) Sister of the Dark: not
6 (1) Air Compression: maybe
6 (1) Crystal Wall: maybe later 50%
6 (1) Mastery of Crystal Wall: maybe later 50%

Str 61
Dex 90
Vita 86
Energy 196 (opt)

Life 1099
Mana 998
Def 3234 (with merc)
Block 70% atm
Resi 50% all (88/84/61/68)

Works fine alone with mobs, loads of repositioning though. Death along the way: yeah sure.... Tough with bosses, but survived mephisto, which the tank barb didn´t.
Easy level up on players10 with mystic mirror until level 20, just about 45 minutes. after that slow playing under players10 until end of act 2. needs to take players down to minimum for bosses though and needs help with andariel and duriel, well i did, maybe you ll be better then me ;).

best Feri

Uh.. doesen't sound like a good build for HC - ill pass.

Offline Ferisam

• The Summoner
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2011, 10:55:22 PM »
Oh, aeh, you didn´t mention hc in the beginning.
Well, if you play careful and not alone i am sure you can go with it though. Its a canon and not completely glass. This is one of my first chars, so i didn´t have any support (gear-wise) and had to learn a lot and fusion hydra has just been fixed a few days ago, i believe its decent. hc, dunno, maybe.
Just ran through act 1 and 2 without stopping, only duriel stopped me short, but i was without bo and merc, just wanted to read the map description (see other thread in strategy). i guess you can go for more def and dam red with items and get a friend ;).

another question for a melee build. how useful is blood boil, 1 point, some or max ? and can you cast air compression and all other in dragon queen form ?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 12:15:29 AM by Ferisam »
There he moved, a terror beyond nightmares, clad in armor ancient to a world long gone. Shaped by the first thoughts, brutal and ferocious, sharp edged and spiked. Wrong-angled and slippery smooth at the same time. The helmet not even a recognition of a visage, tall and pierced by many thorns, and to the most grotesque, the lack of any sensory organs - no ears, no eyes. A horrible, mechanized mask of a creature, which not even needs a mouth to feed. And all clouded by movement as if the very skin was alive.   -   Sinai Algrachna, Battle of Nal Algachim

Offline bolli

• Netherworld
  • The Summoner
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2011, 03:00:02 AM »
for dmg/leech 1 point in bloodboil is enough in the beginning. later in game when u got some points u dont know where to put in bloodboil is a very good choice its dmg does only increase a little but its very usefull for u and the party cause boodboild monsters will deal much less dmg than before, but theres no need to max it even if ur using it as a main attack. both skills wall and compression can be used as a dragon.

Offline Ferisam

• The Summoner
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2011, 11:15:47 AM »
thx.

i wanted to go for:
WotDQ max
SotFD max
Lightning Blade max (since NR is all about bosses and it buffs you a lot and does only single attack)
Mystic Mirror max (second hand precast, since it keeps its def bonus and lightning damage)

and since these are all precast except the main attack i got nothing on my right mouse button yet and wanted to go for support next. that means either air compression or blood boil max (1+ in the other). i ll put also 1 into the wall and the mastery, but since i am supposed to be a fighter i don't really (shouldn't at least) need a blocker. the little buff is welcome though.

i am also statting for perfect energy synergy to get more % for my passive elemental attacks and since mana is returned to life as per WotDQ. but i have no idea how this is gonna turn out in the end. no idea if an investment into vita is better or not, maybe you got some experience with high level WotDQ.

Snejportal  |  D2SE  |  D2SE Mods  |  Netherworld Rises  |  Strategy and Tactics (Moderators: PureRage, Relay)  |  Topic: Build Question

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines  Snejtheme V2 by Seltsamuel/Faust (based on Helios Multi by Bloc)
gfx