gfx
Snejportal  |  D2SE  |  D2SE Mods  |  Netherworld Rises  |  Development  |  Skills (Moderators: PureRage, Relay)  |  Topic: Druid Skills
gfx
gfx gfx
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
gfx gfx
gfx gfx

• Welcome at our new home!!!

This is the Snej Portal, home of several D2 Modifications and D2SE
  • On our Realmserver you can find this hosted Mods:

Snej
    Reign of Shadows (RoS)
    Eastern Sun (ES)
  • You can also find the home of the

Aftermath Mod here

https://snej.org/forum/index.php?board=674.0
gfx gfx
gfx
June 05, 2020, 02:54:07 AM
gfx gfx
gfx* Home Help Search Login Registergfx

Author Topic: Druid Skills  (Read 3088 times)

Offline PureRageTopic starter

• Frozenstein
  • If it's wet, drink it
Druid Skills
« on: April 24, 2011, 07:55:28 PM »
There are mostly just in my head. Aout 30% of the skills are completed however

Shapeshifting:
Caster:
Funguar Form - transform into a toadstool, adds poison damage to attacks
Spore Spray - spray toxic spores over an area
Seed Shot - fires a barrage of rock hard seeds at enemys
Death Root - sends a root through the earth dealing full weapon damage contunuously to the target
Toxic Moss - leaves a patch of toxic moss on the floor that poisons enemye who touch it

Melee:
Werewolf Form - transform into a werewolf, increases attackrate, health regeneration and attack rating
Burning Claws - strike an enemy to set them on fire. Burning enemys set fire to enemys who stray to close
Lust for Blood - charge up - successive hits increases damage and resists - damage increases if you have less than 50% hp (increases with werewolf form skill level)
Moon's Lament - charge up - successive hits increases maximum life and life regeneration - damage increases if you have less than 50%hp (increases with werewolf form skill level)
Fury: strike enemys multiple times

Nature Skills:
Master of the Seasons:
Jack Frost: - freeze the ground you walk on, freezing enemys
Spring Seed's: - throw a hand full of vine seeds that burst into life when they touch the ground
Autumn Fall's: - creates a spectral tree that shed's its branches over enemys dealing physical damage
The Fires of Summer: - throw a stick on front of you that bursts into flames. Dealing fire damage to nearby enemys
Cycle of Life: - take a small part of a fallen enemys essence to replenish lost life and mana

Summoning Skills:

Piper Skills:
Melody of the Rodents: - summons a rat companion who spreds disease through enemys
Song of the Sycamore: - summons the spirit of a sycamore that surrounds the party in it's fallen leaves, incresing maximum health
Song of the Elm: summons the spirit of a great Elm that surrounds the party in its fallen leaves, adding elemental damage to all weapons
Song of the Oak: - summons the spirit of amighty Oak that surrounds the party in its fallen leaves, increasing defence and damage resist
Wolven Song: - summons a wolf to fight by your side, eating corpses to increase the partys damage

Final 10 are still undecided.

I'm thinking of adding 5 "Herbalistic" skills that work like the sorceress alchemy skills (will add 5 of these skills for each class if i do decide to take this route. Since there are no potions, it seems like a good idea to give chars the ability to create potion type items instead.
The final 5 I think, possibly an Earth Magic tree. skills like Quake (Phys AoE), Break (single target high damage spell)), Landslide, (lowers phys res) Quicksand (slow a group of enemys), and Stone Armor (increases defence and flat PDR + damages enemys who hit you).

I'll think more on it tonight and maybe make a decision.
In the begining, the Universe was created. This has made alot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as "A bad move".
-Douglas Adams

My dropbox referral: http://db.tt/Rnkh6LC
(Give me extra spacezz!!)

Offline InMemoriam

• Fangskin
Re: Druid Skills
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 08:27:56 PM »
which potions you mean? potions like the sorceress can create or healing potions?
and I wouldn't bother creating different potionmaking skills for each class.Just add it as a general feature imho.
outdated but probably helpful -> Beginner's Guide to Netherworld Rises

• Frozenstein
  • If it's wet, drink it
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 08:34:05 PM »
potions like the sorceress alchemical potions. Perhaps the sorc and druid kinda fit the theme of "herbalistic" and "alchemical".

I don't kow if it would fit well with the barb for example (Ale Brewing???)  ;D
In the begining, the Universe was created. This has made alot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as "A bad move".
-Douglas Adams

Offline InMemoriam

• Fangskin
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 08:46:46 PM »
beer,ale....wine..ehm no^^
the amazon:dunno,what do amas drink?
the necromancer:soul shakes,bloody mary :D
paladin:some shiny holy thing to drink,liquid light,nectar&ambrosia^^

If you create mixing skills for every class,they should vary in their effect,
to encourage trade and cooperative playing.
outdated but probably helpful -> Beginner's Guide to Netherworld Rises

• Frozenstein
  • If it's wet, drink it
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 08:59:39 PM »
the potions work for the character only, the stats granted are controlled entirely by the stats on the skill. So having a high level sorc make a high hp% potion then passing it down to a low sorc. The sorc would only get the effect listed on their own life% alchemy skill.

Stats to the potions would vary depending on the char. Ie, necros would give + max minions per level while the potion is active, increased poison damage potions, increased magic damage potions, magic resist potions, etc. etc. They would all be unique to the character.

They dont have to be potion based though. I was thinking of maybe adding 5 "Smithing" skills to the barb. Instead of potions they have a chance to increase the base damage of weapons slightly, increase the base AC of armor, Increase attack speed of weapons, etc. etc. However, that is a party friendly set of skills so perhaps I could open up the alchemical potions and herbalistic mixes to other classes too.
-Douglas Adams

• Frozenstein
  • If it's wet, drink it
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 07:45:03 PM »
Druids "Beta" skills are complete, mostly changed from above. you'll have to wait and see, listing isn't so important. (not too long of a wait)
-Douglas Adams

Offline Raigntk

• Smith
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 08:29:54 AM »
not sure what the r/w speed is at for werewolf but imo it needs to be lowered. not sure by how much but he runs a lot faster than he should.
Also the Frost rake skill info shows the wrong cold damage. when i look at my character stats screen it shows the correct amount though.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 08:53:05 AM by Raigntk »

Offline mauli92

• Countess
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 07:09:17 PM »
I like playing the Ent form very well, but its quite dangerous, when the Duration is over. I would like to see its duration increased, in my opinion at least doubled. This would decrease sudden deaths, when youre getting normal again and dont have any skills to use.

Offline muleofal

• Netherworld
  • Smith
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 07:23:22 PM »
I like playing the Ent form very well, but its quite dangerous, when the Duration is over. I would like to see its duration increased, in my opinion at least doubled. This would decrease sudden deaths, when youre getting normal again and dont have any skills to use.

Agreed 100%.  The duration on shifts should increase 10 seconds per level at least imo.  The wolf form only gets 5 seconds per point, and the ent form a miserable 2 seconds per point.  I think both should be upped to 10 per point.

• Frozenstein
  • If it's wet, drink it
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 09:24:04 PM »
as you wish :).
-Douglas Adams

Offline Osafune

• Countess
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 11:22:12 PM »
I have a question on the skill burning claws. Is it a melee atk or a casted attack? if it's supposed to be melee I would like to know why it doesnt have an atk rating?

• Frozenstein
  • If it's wet, drink it
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 11:53:49 PM »
the flames are released automatically on attack, no matter if you hit. its very hard to not have 95% chance to hit anyway as monster AC is super low.
-Douglas Adams

Offline Osafune

• Countess
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2011, 12:10:54 AM »
so would it be affected by increased atk speed or cast speed? and since seeing as how it does fire dmg only %fire dmg bonus will increase it right?

• Frozenstein
  • If it's wet, drink it
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2011, 01:06:29 AM »
both correct yeh, Ias and +fire%
-Douglas Adams

Snejportal  |  D2SE  |  D2SE Mods  |  Netherworld Rises  |  Development  |  Skills (Moderators: PureRage, Relay)  |  Topic: Druid Skills

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines  Snejtheme V2 by Seltsamuel/Faust (based on Helios Multi by Bloc)
gfx