gfx
Snejportal  |  D2SE  |  D2SE Mods  |  Netherworld Rises  |  Strategy and Tactics (Moderators: PureRage, Relay)  |  Topic: Duriel
gfx
gfx gfx
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
gfx gfx
gfx gfx

• Welcome at our new home!!!

This is the Snej Portal, home of several D2 Modifications and D2SE
  • On our Realmserver you can find this hosted Mods:

Snej
    Reign of Shadows (RoS)
    Eastern Sun (ES)
  • You can also find the home of the

Aftermath Mod here

https://snej.org/forum/index.php?board=674.0
gfx gfx
gfx
April 01, 2020, 12:07:45 PM
gfx gfx
gfx* Home Help Search Login Registergfx

Author Topic: Duriel  (Read 1405 times)

Offline SwooshTopic starter

• Countess
Duriel
« on: November 08, 2014, 06:58:18 PM »
My Javazon is stuck at duriel, my decoy has 180% of my hp, i believe i have a little over 1k. My merc is better geared than I am, and both of them get 1 hit. If i try to run from him, i get 1hit with charge or left with minimal hp, if I try to stand on a wall he slaps me to death...

Out of a Javazon, Dragon Sorc, Xbow Sin and Katana Sin the only char ive been able to solo Andarial with is the javazon... an hour of running in circles spraying javas wen i can wishing decoy could tank poison lol. The decoy is great for trash mobs, never dies, but bosses... laugh at the site of it. Is there something I'm not realizing about boss fights or how I should be gearing?

All my chars have max resists and absorb, usually at least 15-20% damage reduction all above 1k hp. Most of my gear is crap due to limited runes, and most use the level 12 sets, or at least the pieces that give usefull effects for the build at hand. All but the sorc use the unique weapons. I do not load up a bunch of buffers on a hamachi game as I do not want to take the time to level a bo barb and chantress.

Are any of these 4 builds able to solo the game (this is hardcore) and do the caska challenge at lvl 39 solo? Or do I need to start with a different build to farm items?

Offline bolli

• Netherworld
  • The Summoner
Re: Duriel
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 01:13:41 PM »
the modder wanted the bosses to be that hard. It was very clear from the beginning that he does not want this to be a mod for solo play.
So it is normal that there are very few builds that can beat bosses solo. Some classes will have very hard times to beat Duriel. he is propably the hardest stepping stone in NR with his very hard counter skill. try to avoid it and never stop moving if u cant tank him. stone or mythic potions from lysander could be helpfull too.

playing hardcore was fun on realm but i would not suggest to do it solo especially when ur not willing to lvl a bo barb + chantress. Pre buffing is pretty much a must if you dont want to risk dead at bosses. same for caska. trying it and loosing all hard work is getting very frustrating believe me.

didnt play sins much. if i remember correctly xbow sins are pretty much glasscannons. dont know much about katana sin but i think they are compareable to dragon sorcs. Dragon sorc definitvely can beat the game. she should have at least 1 point in blood boil and crafting a lifetap belt (diamond craft) is a good idea for all melees.

about decoy. i remember a friend playing a pure decoy zon. this went out to be a very fun and unique style to play in groups and if i remember correct the decoy was indeed able to block bosses for a short amount of time. i once made a video when we killed andariel but we had many sorc walls so we have not really been in danger. i doubt our decoys would have stopped andy from eating us without the walls ;-)

see here  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RtPuZ5o8NQ
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 01:53:51 PM by bolli »

Offline SwooshTopic starter

• Countess
Re: Duriel
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 11:33:14 PM »
Haha, thanks.

My java was able to beat duriel, the rock in the middle, i ran around it and casted decoy close to the wall to stop his charge (extremely helpful especially when the boss enraged). Did this for about 15 minutes until he died.

I tried caska but realized I had massivly skilled wrong so I put that java on the backburners and created a new one. She just got to Anderith with 300 more damage than the first one. Shes doing very well at level 30 but a little too squishy to try to do anymore of the quests until i get some more gems to put in gear, or good jewels. Still doing hardcore. My other java can take 4 on death FoH's from the goat things but this one can only take 2 and theyre only 5 levels apart.

It is much harder without the Bo/Chant pre-buffs but as much as he tried to make it a multiplayer game I'm determined to do it solo. I actually found a couple of your videos on youtube, theyre still there lol. I was impressed with the Walls ability to take hits from Andy. So far my decoy can take any number of trash mobs/packs, depending on boss enrage 2-5 hits from a boss, but usually enough to have the cooldown up to cast another in time while I reposition. If it fails my merc can take a couple hits as well but usually dies vs any boss.

Will probably farm the cave of thieves for a few levels and try Anderith again.

Snejportal  |  D2SE  |  D2SE Mods  |  Netherworld Rises  |  Strategy and Tactics (Moderators: PureRage, Relay)  |  Topic: Duriel

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines  Snejtheme V2 by Seltsamuel/Faust (based on Helios Multi by Bloc)
gfx