• You can also find the home of the

Aftermath Mod here

https://snej.org/forum/index.php?board=674.0
gfx gfx
gfx
September 22, 2020, 10:08:06 AM
gfx gfx
gfx* Home Help Search Login Registergfx

Author Topic: Change language in 1.13c LOD Vanilla  (Read 186 times)

Offline CuriousBearTopic starter

• Little Pickpocket
Change language in 1.13c LOD Vanilla
« on: August 07, 2020, 06:55:10 PM »
Hello all, I am not really a modder - I am using this programm solely to run Plugy (which as a single tool does not function in the 1.14 version). I always run 1.13c LOD Vanilla. After trying to change the language in several .ini files (including the one in the core folder, which, as I found out later, must not be edited) say to English or another language, my game is still on German. I really want continue using this vanilla version, but on the other hand I would also like to change the language, that would be nice. So I am asking you, whether this would be possible.

Offline ChaosMarc

• Global Moderator
  • Boneash
Re: Change language in 1.13c LOD Vanilla
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 08:55:55 AM »
If you permanently want to change the language just download and install the game in the language you want to play with at https://mega.nz/folder/VIth1DKQ#Q42bVsCGQZ4UhoGjqvHxGw

to upgrade to 1.13 you can do one of the following options
- install d2se and start 1.13
- download and unpack my version changer (see signature) to your installation folder and switch to 1.13
- download the blizzard patch file somewhere (there is no official download anymore)

if you just want to change the language from time to time and have to option to switch back to german, you should be able to do that by just selecting "ENG" in the "Select Option" dropdown in d2se which is pre-selected with "MOD". Switching to other languages than english is not possible with this solution because in each installation only the main language and english are present

Offline CuriousBearTopic starter

• Little Pickpocket
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 03:24:40 PM »
That's very bad, I thought switching through languages would be possible... I also had in mind to switch periodically to Russian. I downloaded a language repair programme, which changes the mpq files to Russian. While it is working in the original 1.14 game, the 1.13 version opened through D2Se crashes, popping up an error "Unhandled Exception: Access_Violation (c0000005)". MOD was chosen in the Select Option drop down list.

Offline ChaosMarc

• Global Moderator
  • Boneash
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2020, 10:36:11 AM »
I just played around a bit. It would be easy to create mpq files for each language that you could use in the language feature in D2SE. For example, I created a FRA.mpq (<2MB, only text and localized image files, no sound and video files) which allows me to play in french just via selecting the language in d2se in 1.13c (my default installation in english). If you're interested, I could write a tutorial how to do that. For a russian translation I would need the localized files. I only have the official languages at hand

Snejportal  |  D2SE  |  D2SE Modmanager  |  Topic: Change language in 1.13c LOD Vanilla

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines  Snejtheme V2 by Seltsamuel/Faust (based on Helios Multi by Bloc)
gfx