gfx
Snejportal  |  D2SE  |  D2SE Mods  |  Aftermath  |  General Discussion (Moderator: Mathematics)  |  Topic: Hello Everyone
gfx
gfx gfx
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
gfx gfx
gfx gfx

• Welcome at our new home!!!

This is the Snej Portal, home of several D2 Modifications and D2SE
  • On our Realmserver you can find this hosted Mods:

Snej
    Reign of Shadows (RoS)
    Eastern Sun (ES)
  • You can also find the home of the

Aftermath Mod here

https://snej.org/forum/index.php?board=674.0
gfx gfx
gfx
January 15, 2021, 10:35:21 PM
gfx gfx
gfx* Home Help Search Login Registergfx

Author Topic: Hello Everyone  (Read 360 times)

Offline MathematicsTopic starter

• Unknown Lord
Hello Everyone
« on: October 19, 2020, 02:16:52 AM »
It's been a while since I last logged on.  I hope everyone is well.  I bought myself a new computer as the old one was hijacked by my daughter a couple years ago so she could play LoL... what a horrible game.  Needless to say, she's at university so I can resume modding again.  I could have bought a new computer a lot sooner but honestly, I was frustrated with certain plugins and the rate at which things were getting fixed or debugged.  I got tired of waiting and said screw it.  My sons want me to get the mod back up and so here we are.  I renewed my webpage at aftermathcentral.com and logged on here. :)

I am writing to ask some questions about resuming modding.  It's been two years or so since I have done anything.  I am aware two significant issues - LE and the crashing because of the conflict between the NPC plugin and the Dreamland plugin.  LE is easy to fix.  The NPC plugin ... maybe not.  I may have to remove one or both of the plugins and go from there.  If that's the case, I have a lot to undo.  However, those two issues are secondary and below is where I am starting.

A) Can a D2GS server run on Windows 10?  (Yes I am rolling the patch back and making sure its playable on a realm.)  I have not logged on PK in two years but I doubt that the Dreamland plugin is fixed.  If I am mistaken, please correct me.  I would be thrilled to hear otherwise.

B) If the answer to (A) is no.  IE a D2GS cannot run on Win10, what platform would you suggest?  I would assume I need to load VirtualBox or something like that and install another OS in that box.  I do have a legit copy of Win XP  :)  I cant find my Win7.  :(

C) If the answer to (A) is yes, can you please post a link that I can follow?  I am under the impression that you cant but I could be wrong.  There are clever people out there.

That's my first goal.  Get the realm back up even if I have to remove a couple plugins to make it more stable.  Once that's done, full speed ahead.
Cheers!
The superior man may indeed endure want, but the inferior man, when he experiences want, will give into unbridled excess. - The Ethics of Confucius

Offline scherzo

• Little Pickpocket
Re: Hello Everyone
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 11:28:08 AM »
Hi Math,

Longtime fan of the mod! I don't know anything about modding, but I registered to say that you might be able to find the answers to your questions by asking around on the Hell Unleashed discord (link here: https://discord.gg/JwZfy2Y).

• Unknown Lord
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 09:18:43 PM »
Thank you sir!

Update

Virtual box with Win 7 installed and running
D2 LOD installed and running on Windows 10 (D2SE)
Aftermath mod installed and rolling it back.

Lots of changes and fixes coming now.
The superior man may indeed endure want, but the inferior man, when he experiences want, will give into unbridled excess. - The Ethics of Confucius

Offline SpiKe.

• Administrator
  • Witch Doctor Endugu
    • Reign of Shadow
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2020, 10:26:52 PM »
Hello Trevor,

glad to see you are back! If you want we can have a talk sooner or later via Discord. Send me your Discord ID via DM and i will hit you up.

Greetings :)

Offline Seltsamuel

• Administrator
  • Duriel
    • Snej-Mod Homepage
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 04:17:33 PM »
Hi Trevor,

i had been really inactive too.. If you have time to wait im in the process of converting the realm into docker containers.
My Multirealm ist status now a collection of nested LXC Containers but with docker it will be easier to expand and scale with the bonus of using lesser server IPs.

Greetings

Seltsamuel

• Unknown Lord
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2020, 05:38:59 AM »
Hello Spike and Selts
I understand that things have been quiet.  When I get closer to a new patch, Ill talk to you Selts.  Do I still have access to the uploading site or not anymore?  Spike, I will install discord this weekend and hook up. 
Cheers

Offline gobo

• Little Pickpocket
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2020, 06:35:34 PM »
It's been a while since I last logged on.  I hope everyone is well.  I bought myself a new computer as the old one was hijacked by my daughter a couple years ago so she could play LoL... what a horrible game.  Needless to say, she's at university so I can resume modding again.  I could have bought a new computer a lot sooner but honestly, I was frustrated with certain plugins and the rate at which things were getting fixed or debugged.  I got tired of waiting and said screw it.  My sons want me to get the mod back up and so here we are.  I renewed my webpage at aftermathcentral.com and logged on here. :)

I am writing to ask some questions about resuming modding.  It's been two years or so since I have done anything.  I am aware two significant issues - LE and the crashing because of the conflict between the NPC plugin and the Dreamland plugin.  LE is easy to fix.  The NPC plugin ... maybe not.  I may have to remove one or both of the plugins and go from there.  If that's the case, I have a lot to undo.  However, those two issues are secondary and below is where I am starting.

A) Can a D2GS server run on Windows 10?  (Yes I am rolling the patch back and making sure its playable on a realm.)  I have not logged on PK in two years but I doubt that the Dreamland plugin is fixed.  If I am mistaken, please correct me.  I would be thrilled to hear otherwise.

B) If the answer to (A) is no.  IE a D2GS cannot run on Win10, what platform would you suggest?  I would assume I need to load VirtualBox or something like that and install another OS in that box.  I do have a legit copy of Win XP  :)  I cant find my Win7.  :(

C) If the answer to (A) is yes, can you please post a link that I can follow?  I am under the impression that you cant but I could be wrong.  There are clever people out there.

That's my first goal.  Get the realm back up even if I have to remove a couple plugins to make it more stable.  Once that's done, full speed ahead.
Cheers!

A) Yes, one additional step with the registries for 64byte
B) Depending if you want to spend money, getting a AWS VPS Windows 2016 server is a good easy option to run the server on (which is what I do)
C) This is for the registry https://pvpgn.fandom.com/wiki/How_to_get_D2GS_working_on_64-bit_OS_(XP_64-bit,_Vista_64-bit,_7_64-bit) The other thing is you won't run the d2gs like a service on the older machines, just run d2gs.exe

Snejportal  |  D2SE  |  D2SE Mods  |  Aftermath  |  General Discussion (Moderator: Mathematics)  |  Topic: Hello Everyone

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines  Snejtheme V2 by Seltsamuel/Faust (based on Helios Multi by Bloc)
gfx